gahhh, how much I love airports and being on planes. it’s my love language. i know some people find that environment stressful and chaotic, but that’s what I love about it.
since we’ve been on this insane journey for the past two years, the best thing covid has taught me is how amazing it is to travel with only a carry-on. not gonna lie, I used to be against it. like girl, if you’re not checking a bag, are you even traveling. but I get the hype now and approve of this message. so here are the top things I always pack in my suitcase regardless of the destination. let’s get to it!
you just need one pair. you never know when you might encounter an ocean, pool, jacuzzi, or maybe even a tub throughout your adventure. regardless of your destination, hot or cold, always pack a swimsuit.
- South Beach Underwire Bikini Top + Bottom
- Crinkle V Wire Bikini Top
- Plisse Oversized Beach Cover Up Shirt
- Textured Tie Front Beach Romper
- Recycle Ruched Cut Out High Leg Bikini Set
- Recycled Check Print 3pcs Bikini Set
- Satin Beach Shirt in Geo Print
2. fancy-ish outfit
when you’re trying to fit your entire closet in your carry-on, there are some sacrifices you have to make, unfortunately. i was an avid over-packer. i mean, you never know what you’ll need. but I had to change my ways with my new carry-on lifestyle. one thing you should always have is a nice outfit. when you’re on vacation, you never know when a spontaneous adventure could happen.
- Cropped Strapless Corset Top
- Orange Crew Neck Mini Dress
- Black Plunge Collared Bodysuit
- Olive Co Ord Oversized Blazer
- Lilac Co Ord Tie Front Cropped Blazer & V Front Mini Skirt
3. pair of jeans or pants
I learned this the hard way. my family and I traveled to Sydney, Australia few years ago. it was December, which means it was summer in the southern hemisphere so I figured it would be hot the entire time. nope, I was VERY wrong. we had some hot days, but if it was nighttime or a cloudy day it would be too cold for shorts. of course, that’s all I brought, not one pair of pants. from that day forward, regardless of where I’m traveling to, i always bring a pair of pants. ALWAYS.
- Dickies Cropped Carpenter Pant
- Ponte Side-Split Hem Straight Pant
- Twill High Waisted Wide Leg Cargo Pants
- Linen Low-Rise Trouser Pant
- 90s Ultra High-Rise Straight Jeans
4. pair of fancy & everyday shoes
here’s the trick to bringing all the right shoes. technically, you can bring three pairs of shoes if you count the ones you’re wearing during your travels. those can be your everyday shoes then the other two can be a fancy pair (like heels) and a less dressy pair (like every day sandals). easy peasy.
- Birkenstock Arizona Slide Sandal
- Steve Madden Lilah Sandal
- Colorblock Flatform Sneakers
- Black Suede Lace-Up Sandals
- Fila Panache Sneakers
always, always bring a jacket. preferably a packable, water-resistant jacket, but if you’re trying to be cute, at least have a jacket that doesn’t take up much room in your carry-on. or you can always wear it if it takes up a lot of space in your bag. ya just never know what Mother Nature will throw at you.
- Mango Trench Coat in Beige
- Recycle Hooded Liner Jacket
- The North Face Cropped Puffer Jacket
- The North Face Voyage Printed Rain Jacket
- Oversized Recycled Rain Parka
6. packing cubes
it’s not a clothing item, but will save you a ton of space. if you’re not using packing cubes with your carry-on, you’re missing out. surprisingly, you can pack way more using the cubes than you think. usually, they come in a pack of three: a large, medium, and small size. i always pack my outfits and shoes in the large cube, pj’s, socks, and underwear in the medium, and my travel-sized toiletries in the smaller cube.
- 8 Piece Set Packing Cubes
- Luggage Packing Organizer Cubes
- 6 Piece Set Packing Cubes
- 9 Piece Packing Cubes Set
this system has yet to fail me, and now I’m passing it on to you. plane tickets are insanely priced right now but don’t let that stop you from checking off your bucket list. catch ya at the gate!